External documentation and manuals
BSIM literature is available from UC at Berkeley.
The EKV MOS model has been developed at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.
ngspice implements the Parker-Skellern JFET model as level 2. It is provided by Macquarie University where you also may download the original paper by Parker and Skellern.
Various bipolar models are available in ngspice, either fully integrated,
XSPICE literature is still available from Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Users Manual
- Software Design Document
- Interface Design Document
- Code Model Subsystem Software Design Document
- Code Model Subsystem Interface Design Document
The original spice3 literature from UC at Berkeley comprises of a series of technical reports.
- Analysis of Performance and Convergence Issues for Circuit Simulation
- The Front End to Simulator Interface
- THE SPICE3 IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE
- ADDING DEVICES TO SPICE3
- Spice3 Version 3C1 Users Guide
- Benchmark Circuits: Results for Spice3
The original Cider literature from UC at Berkeley comprises of a series of technical reports.
- CODECS: A Mixed-Level Circuit and Device Simulator
- An Inversion-Layer Mobility Model for CODECS
- Design-Oriented Mixed-Level Circuit and Device Simulation
Please send your comments, suggestions, and corrections on the ngspice manual to the ngspice developers' list.